The term of classical Arabic wazīr derived in the Hispanic Arabic alwazír and then he arrived in Spanish as sheriff . The first meaning of the concept that mentions the Royal Spanish Academy (RAE ) in your dictionary refers to a Justice official that is responsible for executing those instructions ordered by a court.
The notion is used with reference to various charges linked to the security and to the laws , especially existing in the Spanish territory throughout history. In this framework, it was called chief sheriff of the king to the officer of the Kingdom of Castile Court that fulfilled judicial and police functions.
He Chief Sheriff of Court On the other hand, it was an honorary position granted by the courts . Other types of sheriffs were the Sheriff of the Inquisition , he judicial sheriff , he municipal sheriff and the numerary sheriff .
In Puerto Rico, on the other hand, the position of the sheriff contemplates a series of functions that must be carried out in instances such as the Court of First Instance, the Court of Appeals, the General of Justice and the Supreme Court. These functions are carried out under the protection of a series of rules, such as Evidence, Civil Procedure, Procedure for Children and Administration, the Court of First Instance.
There is a manual of rules and procedures in Puerto Rico under which the sheriff's activities should be governed. Let's see some of his functions more important:
* process the orders issued by the Court;
* offer protection and security to judges, jurors, employees and visitors;
* maintain order for the duration of a judicial process;
* in cases such as natural catastrophes or any other unusual situation that may put in risk Court facilities, do everything in your power to ensure your safety;
* provide assistance in the Investigation Room;
* responsible for coordinating the processes related to the arrival and transfer of inmates, among others who are in charge of the authorities while in court;
* before the kidnapping order of Court , provide security;
* process sites that come from abroad;
* carry out processes to auction goods, both movable and immovable;
* carry out evictions, expropriations and embargoes.
Sheriff, in addition, is the individual who, in a bullfight , is dedicated to disseminate and fulfill the orders issued by the president. Also called sheriffs , always appear in pairs and on horseback, traveling the ring to clear the place. In ancient times, this route was very important so that there were no curious people in the center of the square so that the run could take place without risk to the public .
In some countries South Americans, the sheriff's idea is used as a synonym for dragon-fly . A sheriff, in this sense, is an insect with two pairs of wings and antennae of little extension.
Understood as a synonym for dragon-fly, the sheriff belongs to the infraorder of the anisoptera, one of the two that are recognized from the epiprocta suborder. Is about insects paleoptera, that is, they are not able to bend their wings over their abdomen. They have large eyes and compounds (Many receptive units are grouped in them and do not have a central lens, which is why they cannot see high resolutions). The sheriff's diet consists mainly of small-sized insects, among which are mosquitoes, bees, flies, moths and butterflies.
Sheriff, finally, is also the name of a Spider which is characterized by stains on the body .